Singapore - Fundamental Barista Skills
Prerequisites - None
Duration - 3 Hours
This is the starting course for the majority of learners, regardless of their skill level. It is by no means a basic coffee course and covers some thorough content and practical skill building sessions (which are perfect for a new barista or any home enthusiast) along with enough solid theory and up-to-date, detailed information to develop experienced baristas.
This class contains the following content:
- Espresso preparation techniques – a skill building, fat-trimming session on developing great techniques for dosing, distributing and tamping.
- Quality evaluation – using a standard dose, we will correlate the visual appearance of an espresso extraction with its taste result.
- Extraction theory – what compounds are extracting, when and why?
Brew parameter adjustments – dose and grind. How, when and why to adjust?
- Espresso recipes – we measure dose weights, beverage weights and extraction time to make grind adjustments and achieve optimum taste results.
- Milk steaming and pouring – a small, 45 minute introduction to these vital concepts.
- Cleaning and maintenance – how and what to clean on your espresso machine and grinder to achieve consistent results.