The reason why I chose Habitat is because I was deeply moved by their vision of creating a world where everyone has a decent place to live, building a house for those living in poverty. Habitat for Humanity Singapore is part of an international Christian housing charity that seeks to eliminate poverty housing worldwide. Since 2004, Habitat Singapore regularly sends volunteer teams to build decent and affordable houses across the Asia-Pacific region.The Coffee - Yirg Zero, EthiopiaYirgcheffe is the place where heirloom varieties, naturally organic farming practices, high altitudes and perfect growing conditions converge. The 'zero' in Yirzero refers to the absence of defects in this coffee, thanks to the extra cash incentives which are given to the women who painstakingly sort by hand a much smaller amount of coffee over a much longer period of time. The end result is an immaculate 'zero defect' lot from Yirgacheffe.In the cup you can expect a Floral Aroma, Apricot and Peach Flavours with a Layered Juicy-sweet Finish.
- Candidate must possess at least Bachelor's Degree/Post Graduate Diploma/Professional Degree in Business Studies/Administration/Management or equivalent.
- Required language(s): English
- At least 4 Year(s) of working experience in the related field and similar position is required for this position.
- Preferably Manager specialized in Sales - Corporate or equivalent.
- Strong experience in sales and Sales Team management
- An entrepreneurial attitude that is constantly looking for value-creating opportunities
- Detailed technical and product knowledge in the Coffee Industry (Preferable)
- An excellent comprehension of budgeting, forecasting and business fundamentals
- Broad knowledge of the coffee scene worldwide (Preferable)
- Have a positive impact on all the people with whom you work and influence
- Be committed to the company values
- Be an ambassador for CMCR
- Work to strengthen the reputation of CMCR as a leading company within the specialty coffee industry
- Adhere to relevant company policies
- Work collaboratively with fellow co-workers
- Protect the assets of CMCR from loss or damage
- Maintain a safe, well presented work environment
- Lead, manage and motivate subordinate staff and foster a climate of collaboration and collegial endeavour.
- Maintain sufficient number of staff and ensure their expertise.
- Maintain a safe work environment including the prevention of bullying, harassment and violence and appropriately manage any complaints in a timely and confidential manner.
- Always communicate in an effective, time sensitive manner
- Work alongside company leadership to develop tactics to execute on established Strategic Goals
- Seek opportunities to participate in the wider Specialty Coffee industry to grow CMCR’s network and visibility
- Take a leading role in the achievement of sales targets
- Ensure the efficient transition of new accounts from a sales stage to Account Management status
- Work with Tech. Department to ensure the fulfilment of purchased equipment is handled in a timely and accurate manner
Chosen By: Pablo HWB, Account Manager/Trainer CMCR KL
The Cause: SESO, Malaysia: Reducing Food Waste and Nourishing Communities Using Surplus Food
For this month's Common Cause, I wanted to bring awareness to the homeless of Kuala Lumpur. Within the fast-moving and developing city are ostracised communities that are neglected their rights for basic regard in society. Social stigmas inhibit the chance to empathise, and we forget to consider that these people are often victims, even if just from the abandonment of their own families. 'SESO' strives to combat food poverty and food waste in this case, in turn, nourishing these communities with surplus food. It's an inspiring movement for us to be conscious of our everyday decisions and give back to the community.
SESO is a non-profit enterprise with the primary goal of fighting against food waste and food poverty. In undertaking this aim, SESO also help in building communities, in particular amongst people who are suffering from social isolation. They achieve this through serving communal meals in a warm, dignified and welcoming environment. You can read more about their work here.
The Coffee: Samambaia, Brazil
The coffee I chosen for this cause is Samambaia, Brazil. A great, everyday coffee that is the result of good people finding ways to give back to their producing communities, a synonymous idea from the other end of the chain.
Toffee and dark honey flavours with a smooth lasting finish.